|Posted by Justin Version on March 28, 2013 at 2:45 AM||comments (0)|
Temple Israel, Minnesota’s largest synagogue, was plastered with graffiti Tuesday night, though Jewish religious leaders say the vandalism doesn’t immediately appear to be hate-related. Purple spray-painted letters were left on all sides of the historic stone structure, including the synagogue’s large stately columns which front Hennepin Avenue in Uptown Minneapolis. The vandalism comes amid the celebration of Passover, a holy period for Jews which began Monday evening and ends on April 2.
“The timing of this does not go unnoticed for the Jewish community, whether or not that was the intent of the person who vandalized our building,” said Temple Israel senior rabbi Marcia Zimmerman. “It jogs the historic memory of vandalism throughout the world in the Jewish community...So I think that’s the piece we take notice of without even knowing the intent of the person who did this.”
Security cameras are located throughout the synagogue property and show a man vandalizing the temple sometime before midnight, said Zimmerman. Minneapolis police were called Wednesday to investigate the incident, she said. The synagogue planned to clean off the graffiti by the end of Wednesday.
Zimmerman said it’s particularly upsetting to see the synagogue’s grand columns marred with spray paint. Built in 1928, the synagogue is among the first in the Twin Cities and has close to 6,000 attendees — considered the largest Jewish temple in the state, Zimmerman said.
“It’s in purple and across the front pillars... which is our historic entrance,” said Zimmerman, adding that near the doors there’s a quote from Isaiah welcoming all to worship at the temple: “May this house be a house of prayer for all peoples.”
“There’s nothing obvious (hate-related),” she said. “There are letters, and it’s unclear exactly what they mean...Nothing like a swastika or anything that’s obviously anti-Semitic at this point.”
The temple has been the target of graffiti vandalism in the past along with other nearby structures in the neighborhood. And at that time, it did not appear to be hate-related, Zimmerman said.
The synagogue, which has already held two large traditional Seder meal ceremonies to mark Passover this year, does not intend to deviate from its plan to celebrate the remaining days of the Jewish holy period, with Shabbat services to be held Friday.
“We stand strong in our Jewish traditions, our Jewish beliefs and our Jewish work for social justice,” Zimmerman said.
“To arrive this morning, during this festival of Passover and to see the vandalism is, at the least, upsetting. We want to get to the bottom of it.”
For Minneapolis web design firm, please call: (612) 590-8080
|Posted by Justin Version on February 7, 2013 at 2:20 AM||comments (0)|
As you may know, content distribution is an effective method to get one-way inbound links. It's also a common and useful practice to increase web traffic to your site. In recent time, article writing is one of the most popular content distribution methods that can be an immense contribution to your link-acquisition process. Therefore, it is time-honored tenets that people reading your articles are actually interested in your web pages. Let me share with you the most important guidelines for article marketing.
In my point of view, there are two main ways to create an article: the writing task can be outsourced to professionals or you can write it yourself. It definitely makes sense when producing something on your own to follow the step-by-step process that is outlined below:
- Your article should give information or entertain your readers. Your task is to attract traffic to your website, so try to provoke discussions and tease readers.
- It's a good idea to outline the points that your article will cover before writing. This way you will be sure to cover them in the content of the article.
- Place the most important information close to the beginning of the article and summarize what you want to say at the end.
- Organize text in short paragraphs. Short paragraphs are easier for the reader to follow. Try to collect three, four or five sentences in a paragraph.
- Don't be afraid to spill all the beans. The more you tell, the more queries you will create for your goods and services. Giving more information makes your article look more professional and people will understand that you are an expert on the subject you are writing about.
- Underline the benefits of your product or service. When it comes to selling, it is the benefits that sell rather than the features.
- Share resource information. Provide your readers with resources to study. It may be your own site or other websites where your readers can get more information.
- Get another opinion on your article. After finishing your work, show it to friends and colleagues and ask their opinions. Let them be your first editors and remember that customers shouldn't find any mistakes.
- Create your writing schedule. Every month post a few pieces of content you feel offer the highest value to the user. At the same time, plan on producing filler content that won’t be promoted, but that will focus on current events related to your niche.
With free distribution of each of your articles, be sure to give others the rights to republish while also presenting a resource box that includes a short description of you as an author and a link to your website. All in all, writing articles on a regular basis can become a key to the success of your internet marketing & search engine marketing campaign. However, please keep in mind that it is not recommended to submit the same article to hundreds of article websites. This may result in duplicate content issue and harm one of the more important websites you are submitting to. Contact our Minneapolis SEO Company today. For web design quotes, please call 612.590.8080
|Posted by Justin Version on January 25, 2013 at 3:55 AM||comments (0)|
We usually use press release distribution services when youlaunch a new product or a website, make major updates or have any othernewsworthy event. So, writing Press release is a common and veryeffective method of marketing your website on the Internet. As you alreadyknow, this also provides one-way inbound links and helps to generatesubstantial traffic to your site. Press releases are targeted for a specialaudience or client and mainly distribute news to news-people. Therefore, let meshare with you some useful tip for writing effective Press Release.
First of all, I stronglyrecommend that you write a press release in a MS Word or other text documentinstead of writing it directly on the online submit form. Writing online willnot achieve the best results. Write your press release, print it, andproofread. Rewrite and then proofread again. The more time you take to do itright, the better your company's first impression.
Besides, below are some importantpoints you must pay attention:
- Create an attention-grabbing headline. You needa short, catchy headline that will grab somebody’s attention when they’rescanning dozens (or maybe hundreds) of e-mails or texts.
- Keep your press release short. Journalists gethundreds of press releases a day and don’t have the time (or inclination) towork their way through page after page of prose. Aim for a maximum of two pages(but in my point of view, one is better), keep your language simple, yoursentences short and avoid jargon at all costs.
- Do notadd pictures: You may have a picture ofyour product, but do not attach or embed them in the press release because manyjournalists dislike it, or their servers block such mail as spam.
Write your press release like a news story. Learn to writein inverted pyramid style. Answer “W”questions (Like who, what, why, when, where, and how ) in the first paragraphor two. Read the first two paragraphs of the press release you’re working on.If that’s all you had, would you know what the story is about? Practice writingone-paragraph press releases as a first draft. Then add any necessarysupporting information. Your headline and first paragraph are the mostimportant components.
Add a date andcontacts. Make sure you date the release at the start so that everybody can seehow old or new the story is. It is also conventional to include yourlocation/town and county by the date. Also include your contact information (incase an interview or more detail is requested), either at the top of therelease or near the end with the boilerplate. This should consist of your fullname, telephone (landline and mobile), email and maybe a postal address too.
ProWeb365: Minneapolis Internet Marketing Services, MN. Wecan transform your business vision into an effective online marketing website.Contact our Minneapolis SEO Company today. For web design quotes, please call612.590.8080